Sunday, September 7, 2008

Who is this silly person?

"Tell me about yourself." One of the most common and least fair demands one encounters.
Do I tell you about my personality? My hobbies? Likes and dislikes? Favorite music, favorite books, favorite Balinese dance styles? Would you like a copy of my résumé?

My name is Dillon Nestadt (b. 09/03/1983), and I'll tell you what you want to know.

I grew up in Baltimore, just a few miles from campus, and gosh, I just love the crap out of this town! I graduated from Rollins College in Orlando in '05 with a degree in psychology, a subject I (thankfully) have a healthy interest in, but not enough of an interest to pursue it occupationally. I've spent the past three years teaching preschool and kindergarten to people who can't even consistently remember their last names, and attending as many concerts as I can convince my friends to accompany me to. I recently discovered that, hey, I think I might enjoy writing, and am taking a journalism class at Towson University (you may have heard of it) to find out if I can write in a way that people other than myself and/or my mom will appreciate. In the meantime, I'll try to highfive as many children and bassists as humanly possible. Tell me how I'm doing.

No comments: